Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Pincher Creek & District Historical Society
Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village
Positions Available: Museum Assistants
Location: Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village, Pincher Creek, AB
Term: Seasonal, Full-time and Part-time for summer
Salary: $13.50 / hour + 4% in lieu of holidays
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week, 5 days/week
(weekend work required)
The Pincher Creek & District Historical Society is seeking suitable individuals to be Museum Assistants and the Visitor Services Host for the Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village and Visitor Information Center. Under the supervision of the Museum Administrator, the Visitor Services Host will be responsible for providing visitor information services through the accredited Alberta Visitor Information Center located in the Museum. This position will also be responsible for assisting with various tasks such as; programming, special events, gift shop management, marketing, communications, website development and social media. The Museum Assistants will be responsible for a wide range of duties including, but not limited to; visitor information, gift shop management, grounds maintenance, exhibit displays, collections management, special events and school program involvement.
We want to hear from you if you are a friendly, enthusiastic and self motivated individual who can work well on a team. You do not have to have a vast knowledge of the area's history - but you have to be willing to learn it. If you are people oriented and happy with a new variety of tasks and challenges daily, then we encourage you to apply.
- A degree or some university/college; or working towards completion of post secondary education
- Education experience in a related field (Management, Information Technology, Marketing, Museum Studies, Tourism Studies, etc.) is an asset but not required
- Strong customer service skills and a positive attitude
- A high level of written and verbal skills
- Willingness to work and learn new tasks
- Competency in computer skills
- A knowledge of the Southern Alberta area
Please submit resume and cover letter via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village, Attn. Laura Korbett, Box 1226, Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
- In Person: 1037 Bev McLachlin Drive, Pincher Creek, AB
Monday, November 7, 2016
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
In 2016, Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village marks its fiftieth year in preserving the history of Pincher Creek and South-western Alberta. Part of the celebration of this milestone will be the publication of Tales of the Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village.
Utilizing the photography of Jessica Maunsell, the historical text of Village Curator Farley Wuth, and the editorship of author Gord Tolton–this full colour coffee table book reveals the splendor, the artifacts, the volunteer effort and the historical lore behind the two-dozen buildings that populate the six-acre museum site in Pincher Creek.
The book will be launched at Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village in
Pioneer Place (1037 Bev McLachlan Drive in Pincher Creek)
on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 7:00 pm.
The book will be available for sale, for $24.95.
Authors will be available for signing.