Cox House

This frame structure was built in 1886-87 for Mr. and Mrs. A. E. Cox at a point five and one-half miles west of Pincher Creek along the Beaver Mines road. The house was moved to the Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village in 1986 - after having stood in the original location for an impressive ninety-nine years. The property was owned by the Cox family from 1887 to 1970, and its eighty-three year legacy was possibly one of the oldest holdings under one founding family in southwestern Alberta.