Bakery

Pincher Creek’s thriving commercial history began in 1883 with the establishment of the settlement’s first general store.  As the district matured and new businesses launched, local bakeries also dotted the streets.  Well-stocked shelves and enclosed cabinets were featured in this long, narrow commercial outlet sporting a hardwood floor.  Many of these design concepts were common place in pioneer stores on the Prairie Canadian frontier.